Decorating your home is indeed more interesting than setting up security measures for its protection. But, home security should be your priority. You can not stop thieves and burglars from invading a home but can take certain measures to keep them away. If you wonder, how can you protect your home from thieves and burglars? Here, I will be sharing some of the tips that you can follow to secure your home.
Install a Home Security System
There are various home security options for every budget. Technology has worked a lot to come up with different personal home monitoring devices. You can access these devices on your phone anytime and anywhere.
Install home security cameras in your home. Security cameras are an important part of the residential security system. They come a long way in securing your home. Here are some of the benefits of installing security cameras.
- You can easily monitor the people on the perimeter of your property.
- You can keep an eye on your garage and boundary walls.
- You can easily monitor the points of entry of your home.
- You can keep a watch on the lawn and parked vehicles.
Secure Your Doors and Windows
Locking your doors and windows is the very first and primary step to keep them away. These are the common entry points for criminals. Double-check your door before sleeping and stepping out. There are some ways by which you can secure your windows.
- Use security films to secure your windows. These films are thick and durable.
- Use glass break sensors. This sensor notifies if someone tries to access your window.
- Use window bars. You can easily purchase these bars from a store.
- Install smart locks. You can schedule your locks to automatically lock at certain times.
Invest in Good Outdoor Lightning
Invest in good lighting, it helps to keep criminals away. Invaders avoid well-lighted places, in fact, they don’t like to be in the spotlight. Make sure you keep your front and backyard lighted at night time. Further, you can make your outdoor lightning even more effective by
- Installing motion-sensor lights. These lights can detect any activity within the perimeter of 180 degrees.
- Install smart outlets for your outdoor device. You can access it from your mobile phone.
- Install smart light bulbs that can be scheduled at a certain time.
Lock Your Garage
Don’t forget to lock your garage. You can also consider keeping a garage door in the house. In this way, you can protect your car. You can also use a security code to open the garage. But make sure that you keep the security code secret and never enter in front of outsiders. Do secure garage doors with extra locks if you are going for a trip. Further, you can protect your garage by installing smart devices such as drive away alarms and home automation.
Secure Your Wifi Network
Anyone can easily access your personal and financial information through a wireless network. Even if your home is automated, then anyone can break into the house. In this way, criminals can get access to your home. So, make sure you secure your wifi network. There are some tricks to save your network.
- Secure your wireless router.
- Enable wifi-protected access and encryption.
- Use a firewall and antivirus.
- Create a strong password.
Hire a Residential security Officer
If there is a need for constant supervision then you can hire a residential security officer to protect your home. They are very professional in dealing with such situations. They will also help you to keep a check on househelp and deliveries. You can even ask them to grant entry to an individual being on his list.
Eliminate All The Hiding Places
Trees and shrubs enhance the look of the home garden but they can also provide a handy place for invaders to hide. Use small flowers and bushes. Even if you are growing trees, trim them regularly.
Put away the large objects such as a ladder, stool, and drums from your lawn. Lock your gate and outhouse. Further, try to keep expensive things away from the display area.
Now, as you have gone through the above-mentioned tips. Make sure you keep them in mind to protect your house from outsiders, thieves, buglers, and invaders.